23 November 2011

Holidays

My five favorite holidays are:

1. Fourth of July

2. Thanksgiving

3. New Year’s Eve.

4. Pi Day

5. Idul Fitri

I’ve only ever spent three Fourth of Julys away from home, but this will be my fifth Thanksgiving overseas. It’s hard to feel like it’s really the Thanksgiving/Black Friday/Christmas season when you wake up sweating at 6 AM to this:

IMG_1199

IMG_1200

IMG_1201

It was so bright and sunny out! My room just filled up with curtain-filtered sunbeams, and it was all but glowing when I got up this morning. I like waking up on sunny days.

On a side note, remember how my camera broke? Well, I gave it to Hotjaga, because he is the master of fixing everything broken (even the Christmas lights that my cats chewed through). It took him about 4 days, but he was finally able to fix it completely! Good as new! He gave it back to me yesterday morning when I was on my way to school. He had originally told me that he was giving up and giving it back to me, so I thought it was still broken. Then he told me to open it up, and it worked!! So I took his picture and almost gave him a hug before I remembered that he’s a married Muslim man and I probably shouldn’t, even if he is my good friend.

IMG_1193

Indonesians hardly ever smile with their teeth, but when I took this picture, he was laughing at my reaction to my camera actually being fixed, so I got a real smile! He must have taken a few pictures himself while he was working on my camera, because I found a picture of my apartment on it, taken from the vantage point of the jaga post at the gate.

IMG_1174

See what I mean about it not feeling holiday-ish? It’s so GREEN!

Anyways, happy second best holiday of the year, everyone!!!

No comments: