Before you read the conversation below, you should know that pretty much all Indonesians take two baths a day - once when they first wake up, and once in the afternoon. But never after dark, because you will get sick and die. It may be a third world country, but you can rarely accuse an Indonesian of being dirty. In fact, all my friends think I'm gross because I only bathe about three times a WEEK! I say if you're not sweaty and dirty, why waste water? Bathing twice a day every day seems excessive to me. But anyways...
Boyfriend: What time are we going to Val's house tonight?
Me: Whenever, no set time.
Boyfriend: Good, because I want to take a shower first.
Me: OK.
Boyfriend: I didn't mandi (bathe) yet today.
Me: WHAT?! Are you even Indonesian?!? No mandi this morning?!
Boyfriend: Yeah, I haven't mandi-ed in the morning for a long time. One mandi a day is enough for me.
Me: Seriously?
Boyfriend: Yeah, I'm turning into an American. I mean, if you mandi at night, it's useless to mandi in the morning too, because you didn't get dirty since the last mandi.
Me: Oh my goodness... Finally, somebody understands me...
Boyfriend: Americans. You people are pretty smart.
No comments:
Post a Comment