Last night, I was getting ready for bed when a Muslim friend texted me and asked, "Did you go to sleep yet?" I replied that I was reading my Bible but was going to bed soon. He replied, "I have to drive to another city right now and it's about to rain. Can you please pray for me so that it won't rain?"
Maybe he meant nothing by it and I am way overthinking it. But it was significant to me for two reasons. One, just because he asked me to pray for him. He's never done that before. And two, because the concept of prayer is so different between the two religious. Muslims pray 5 times a day in the mosque with prayers memorized in Arabic. Allah isn't exactly an approachable god for day-to-day needs. So it's odd to me that a Muslim would ask me to pray for something so seemingly mundane.
But he did. And I did. And it didn't rain at my house until after I went to bed. I don't know about the rest of his trip though. I'll have to ask him later.
No comments:
Post a Comment