02 November 2011

600th Post!

Our school orchestra, which is made up of people ranging in age from 5th grade to 40s, wants to play Vivaldi's Gloria for the school Christmas concert in December. They asked for people willing to sing. So I joined choir?

The practices are only one hour a week, and now that rainy season seems to finally have settled in, it's usually raining after school, so I might as well stay an extra hour on that one day anyways, right? First practice yesterday worked out well - it was pouring when we started, but the rain was over when we finished. So practice was especially beneficial to me since I'm not yet in the habit of bringing an umbrella with me to school.

So now... I teach piano and do math tutoring on Mondays, give guitar lessons on Tuesdays, have teacher meetings and choir practice on Wednesdays, lead worship for English language fellowship on Thursdays, and work at the coffeeshop on Fridays. Now I have a matching set of full evenings, thank goodness. My Wednesdays were feeling naked.

No comments: