Daniel: Hey. I have a joke for you. How do you make Taein laugh on Friday?
Me: Um... I don't know.
Daniel: Tell him a joke on Monday.
Me: Hahahaha!
Taein: I don't get the joke.
Daniel: That's the POINT. You'll get it in a few days.
Taein: But why is the joke about me? Why not Peter?
Daniel: Because Peter GETS the joke.
Taein: So?
*next conversation*
Peter: Hey, have you watched the movie Dear John?
Me: Yeah.
Peter: It reminded me of your brother.
Me: What?? Why?
Peter: Because he goes to war then gets shot.
*next conversation*
Gary: Can I start calling you Mrs. Winarto?
Me: Not yet.
Gary: Oh. Then can I call you Auntie?
*next conversation*
Ani: Is your brother in the American Army?
Me: As opposed to....?
Ani: I don't know. The Israeli Army?
Me: Why the Israeli Army?
Ani: I don't know. You've mentioned that you have German heritage.
Me: Well, technically, he's not in any army. He's in the Air Force, but yes, it is the US Air Force.
Ani: Don't a lot of people retire from the Air Force and become really really famous?
Me: For what?
Ani: For being commercial pilots.
Richard: Can you even BE a famous commercial pilot? Is there such a thing?
Ani: Yeah, if you save people's lives when you're crashing, you get super famous!
Richard: But that means that you crashed the plane in the first place, so......
No comments:
Post a Comment