12 May 2012

After Four Years

It still amazes me how far my money goes here. Just got back from town. Here are my purchases:

IMG_0438

The computer store – $98

  • A 1 terrabyte external hard drive (not shown because I have to go back to pick it up next week)

The craft store – $1

  • Two bags of beads to use as eyeballs on some felt owls I made
  • A bag of silver glitter because I like glitter

The baking store – $4

  • Two bricks of unsalted imported French butter. REAL butter.

The apothecary – $2

  • A bottle of hydrogen peroxide (I hope. Is that what H2O2 is?)
  • A bottle of rubbing alcohol
  • A tube of medicine that I use for every skin related ailment

The grocery store – $3

  • A month’s worth of toilet paper
  • A liter of pineapple juice
  • Half a liter of apple juice
  • 2 milk boxes. Like juice boxes, but not as sweet.

So if we ignore the nearly $100 I spent on the hard drive, I bought everything in this picture for right around $10. And almost half of that was just for the butter. The lengths I go to for real butter around here…

2 comments:

Sweet Batik said...

Me too.. I missed real butter too. I've been thinking to make one myself. Especially fresh milk is quite easy to get here..

A said...

What part of Indonesia do you live in, if you don't mind my asking??