31 May 2012

Numbers 4, 9, 21, 23, 24

Remember my summer to do list? If not, you can click HERE. Here’s an update.
4. Get access to a piano and practice it at least once a week as well as guitar.
I got a key to the music room at school, so I now have access to about 4 or 5 different pianos! I spent a total of about 3 hours this week practicing piano and guitar. My mother would be happy.
9. Read at least 100 chapters of the Bible.
I decided to read through the Psalms this summer. I’ve been reading 2 – 3 chapter each evening. Setting aside time to do that regularly before I go to bed is a lot easier when I know I don’t have to be up at 6 the next morning.
21. Exercise. At least once. All summer.
Guess what? I have exercised TWICE already! So I guess that means I’m done for the rest of the summer.
23. Be intentional about learning more Indonesian. Read the dictionary.
I have both an Indonesian-English dictionary and an Indonesian phrasebook that includes an abbreviated dictionary in the back. I’ve been using that dictionary for this task because it contains more practical words than the full dictionary does. And also, it seemed less daunting. So this week I started with the As, and I went through and highlighted all the words I know and made a list of all the words I don’t know. It was only 13 words out of 116. So I’m working on memorizing the Indonesian translation for these words: across, activist, addiction, advice, alarm clock, almond, anemia, appendix, archaeological, argue, artist, asthma, and atmosphere.
24. Take a vitamin every day.
So far so good. Also easier to remember to do this when I’m not rushing to get to bed at a decent hour because I know I’ll be a cranky teacher in the morning if I don’t.

No comments: