08 April 2011

*+%$*#@%@#$%&!!!

Yeah, that pretty much sums up how I feel today.

Boyfriend left at 8 this morning to drive an hour and a half to Solo to the Permata bank to pay his ridiculously expensive visa application fee. Two hours after he left, I got an email stating that the US Embassy in Indonesia as of today is no longer operating until further notice.

I did some further research (AKA - I Skyped my dad and asked him what the blazes is happening) and found that apparently there is no budget plan for 2011. It is due tomorrow. And until one gets approved, embassies, national parks, and the Smithsonian have no funding.

You would think that massive amounts of stupid would prevent people from being eligible to hold a government office, but apparently not.

God is still in control. He is bigger than the embassy. He is bigger than Obama. But I am still incredibly aggravated.

And luckily, the person boyfriend was supposed to go with was 2 hours late, so I caught him before he even left. Oh, and the US government WILL help me if I a) die, b) get arrested, or c) if my child is kidnapped. But that is all they will make themselves available for.

Students are kind of nervous. Most of our students end up going to college in America, but this year, most of them are not American. They have all been accepted into American colleges (one to Columbia even!), but they currently can't apply for student visas.

Here are some quotes I found on cnn.com regarding this issue.

"'While nothing will be decided until everything is decided, the largest issue is still spending cuts,' Michael Steel said." (Genius quote of the day. "...nothing will be decided until everything is decided...")

"The president noted the mechanism of shutting down government operations have started in case a deal proves elusive, which he said would hurt federal workers, people who rely on government services and the nation's economic recovery." (So an elusive deal would hurt those who rely on government services... And shutting down every US embassy in the world accomplishes what?)

"'For us to go backwards because Washington couldn't get its act together is unacceptable,' Obama said." (Finally! Something I agree with!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah this whole situation is completely unacceptable. You're punishing the American public, government workers and even people overseas because our stupid government can't seem to do their jobs? What sense does that make?!

Oh and military pay is suspended too...I join you in your !@%#($&#^*)!!! sentiment!