I lovelovelove having holidays. I am extremely productive and I love it. For example, Saturday I rented a car and went to Jogja with my lovely driver, Aswan, to buy all my gifts for coming home. And if you’re reading this, there’s probably something for you. In spite of getting a flat tire, rain most of the day, and everyone and their cousin being in Jogja for the long weekend, I got basically ALL my shopping done! Everything I bought fills up one entire suitcase!
Aswan left yesterday for Cilacap. The Alcatraz of Indonesia is there. There are just under 1000 prisoners there (from estimates I’ve heard) from 20 different countries – most are in on charges of drug trafficking which is punishable by death here. So if they’re in prison, they got off easy. Through various prison ministries, about 600 of the prisoners are Christian, and so about 18 people from 4 churches are going there to have Easter with them, boyfriend included. He left yesterday after church and will be gone until late Tuesday night.
Anyways, that’s not why I’m writing this. I found a bunch of old pictures on my phone, so time to upload them!
These first 4 pictures are from a day a few weeks ago when I realized that an Indonesian friend who goes to college here in town has NEVER in two years been up the mountain. So a few of us went for a drive to get some fresh air, sunshine, and to take Liz on a new adventure!
(Looking down on the valley. The small mountain in the middle is named Elephant Hill. I don’t see it.)
(PERFECT weather for a motorbike trip!!)
(Some clouds moving in over the pine forests at the top of Mount Merbabu)
(A restaurant I ate at that serves a Cappucino Keju Float – That’s a cappuccino with ice cream and CHEESE on top! Indonesians love it. I doooooon’t.)
(I found a whole stack of Miley Cyrus clothes in a store nearby. I was cracking up to see it here!)
(I have not yet been able to bring myself to try this one... It’s at Pizza Hut!!)
(Close, but no cigar. “I would give my right arm to be ampidextrious”)
(Is anyone else disturbed by the brand name “Homy Ped”? For children’s shoes?)
1 comment:
I think it does look like an elephant... see email!!
Post a Comment