Last night girl cat somehow got locked in my house when I closed up for the night. She prowled around quietly for the first few hours, her presence unbeknownst to me. This lasted until 2:20 when she decided she REALLY needed to go outside. I'm glad she didn't take a dump in my kitchen or pee on the couch and all. But still, there might have been subtler ways to get out.
She is smart enough to know that I am the only creature tall enough to reach the door knobs, so obviously, she had to wake me up. This involved her climbing up on my desk (which is immediately beside my bed), crawling as close to the edge as she could, which placed her basically right beside my head, and HOWLING in a very panicked manner.
There is nothing in the world like being jolted awake by a car alarm going off in your bedroom at 2 AM. Better yet though is being jolted awake in such a manner and finding a pair of eyes gazing into yours, just inches from your face.
No comments:
Post a Comment