Somehow, all the stars and planets aligned today and for the first time EVER, all my classes have a test on the same day. Which means it’s a pretty lazy day for me. Just monitoring tests all day. Of course, I’ll have a lot of grading to do later, but so far, it’s good. I actually just got done grading 9th grade Algebra 2 tests. This chapter was over statistics and surveying methods. We spent a few days learning about flaws in surveys that can cause them to be biased and about how and why you can’t trust every statistic/survey you see. For 3 questions on their test, they had to label survey questions as biased or unbiased, and if the question was biased, they had to explain why and offer a better solution. On the test of one of my VERY Korean students, I found this gem:
Number 7. It’s biased because it’s a pastor asking people and they might be influenced to lie and say yes. So the offered solution is, “A redneck at a pizza place asks, ‘Y’all read your Bibles ‘veryday?’”
While I was grading this test, others were still finishing theirs. I had to try very hard not to laugh out loud. In fact, I had to clap both hands over my face, which luckily only drew attention from one student trying to beat the bell.
This one is a winner. Where does he even come up with this stuff? Do they have rednecks in Korea? And do they say “y’all”?
No comments:
Post a Comment