28 March 2012
Culinary Oddities
Something weird must be in the water this week. I guess I can't really say that here though, since I don't actually drink the water. Not from the tap, at least.
All week long I've been eating pretty much ONLY all the foods I hated as a child. What has changed?
For breakfast, I've been eating Muesli bars with dried fruit and nuts (too bad I can only get those in Bali...) or vegetable crackers with a large jar of fruit juice. The really amazing thing about this is that I rarely eat breakfast at all, much less on that involves fruit and vegetables! Also, I hated pretty much all of the above as a kid. Fruit, nuts, juice, veggies, granola type things. All of it.
I guess lunch has been pretty normal since I have no say over what I eat. I eat whatever is served at the dorm every day...
On Monday though, I gave Ibu Sri $5 and sent her to market to buy "salad ingredients" with instructions not to cook anything for me all week. Every night for dinner this week, I've made myself a salad. With homemade salad dressing. I even had her buy an onion for the salad. (Did you read that, mom?! I've voluntarily been eating ONIONS this week! I even sliced it myself!) Last night was an exception because I ate at a friend's house - vegetable soup and rice. And I had SECONDS. Again, all things I hated as a child. I hated onions up until Monday, apparently.
I really don't know where I am going with this post. I really don't know where I am going with this stomach.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment