Pi day is a math holiday celebrated on March 14th (3-14). I began celebrating it in my college nerd days, and I brought it to Indonesia with me. Since pi day occurs next week and we have spring break next week, we celebrated it today instead. Students memorized the digits of pi (record for the day – an 8th grader recited to 123 decimal places from memory), wrote songs about pi (I might try to load some of the videos later if the internet is behaving… HILARIOUS stuff), and ate lots and lots of pi! I mean… PIE!
Yesterday, the three math teachers made the nerdiest, silliest pi shirts we could think of out of some old shirts and sharpies we found.
And then I couldn’t resist trying on the crown intended for the winner of the pi memorization contest. So here is me web-camming myself (and a clearer shot of my shirt – anybody know what it means??? Only a few students could figure it out!).
Happy Pi Day a few days early!!
No comments:
Post a Comment