*First, I just need to say that the majority of the following conversation took place between me and a jaga that I am friends with. So while it starts out sounding kind of creepy when taken out of context, it was not at all. He was teasing me.*
Jaga 1: *While opening the gate* You need to take responsibility.
Me: What are you talking about?
Jaga 1: You just really need to take responsibility.
Me: For what?!
Jaga 1: For being in my dreams so much lately.
Me: WHAT?! Those are your dreams, not mine! You're the one who has to take responsibility!
Jaga 1: I guess so. But I can't help it. I think I just miss you, so I meet you in my dreams. I haven't seen you for a long time.
Me: I know. Someone asked me the other day if you still work here because nobody has seen you for like a month. Have you been working night shift?
Jaga 1: Yeah, for 2 weeks now, I've been working the overnight shift. *pulls a stool out of the jaga shack and pats the seat* Here. Sit.
Me: It looks like it's gonna rain. I should get home.
Jaga 1: Talk to me for a minute. I'm bored here by myself.
Me: Fiiiiiine. But only for a minute.
Jaga 1: When are you getting married?
Me: In July. When are you getting married?
Jaga 1: HA! I have to find somebody who wants me first. I cry a lot these days.
Me: Don't cry! Why do you cry?
Jaga 1: One, because I'm still single. Two, because you're getting married.
Me: Haha... Don't cry!
*enter Mas Wiwin - a janitor*
Jaga 1: Hey! She's getting married in July!
Mas Wiwin: Really? I'm getting married in June!
Me: NO WAY! Are you REALLY?!
Mas Wiwin: Yup. I got a village woman to marry me!
Me: Are you lying??
Mas Wiwin: Nope. She's going to move in with me and my mom and bring me lunch at school so I don't have to go out in the rain!
Jaga 1: Luckyyyyy...
Me: Oh...
*enter Jaga 2*
Jaga 1: Hey, they're both getting married this year!
Jaga 2: Yeah, when ARE you and Aswan getting married?
Me: Probably July.
Jaga 2: How old are you?
Me: 25
Jaga 2: Yeah, you better get married now or you'll be too old.
Me: I'll be expired.
*exit Mas Wiwin, who went home for the night*
Me: Well, I better go home. I think Aswan is there, and we didn't eat dinner yet.
Jaga 1: You make him dinner?
Me: Yeah...
Jaga 2: *to Jaga 1* Aswan is a lucky man. She's skinny AND she cooks.
Jaga 1: And she's BEAUTIFUL!
Haha... Whenever I have a bad day, I just hang out by the front gate.
No comments:
Post a Comment