21 April 2012

Meteorology

I think rainy season is ending. And that possibility fills me with immense happiness. Every day for the past week (with yesterday being the only exception), it has been sunny and hot all day long. Oddly though, it thunderstormed every night at about 10 o'clock. But it was sunny again every morning, and at least 80 degrees by noon. Back in Indiana, we always joked about how unpredictable the weather was. "If you don't like the weather, just wait a minute." But we always knew when a storm was coming. And we always knew what direction it would come from. You could tell from the color of the sky how bad the storm would be and if you should call the dogs inside and go to the basement or not. But if you were really dense, you could at least turn on the news and let the weatherman tell you. No weatherman here. Storms come from any direction and can pop up with only a moment's notice. You can't ever tell what a given storm will bring. I miss being able to read the sky. I miss wanting to know if it would rain that day and just looking west to check. So I really like the predictability of dry season. Once it fully starts, it won't rain. Any day. At all. Until about September. (All the mold will also die.)

No comments: