I just ordered 2 supercute dresses from Target.com. For the past four years, I have owned exactly one "appropriate for Java" dress that I brought with me when I moved here in 2008. The rest of my dresses are Bali only items because you might be able to see my knees or, God forbid, my shoulders when I wear them. So that one dress has been worn to just about every nice occasion I've attended for the past 4 years. Banquets, Christmas parties, weddings, funerals, etc. I decided that it's about time for something new.
Anyways, after I placed my order, a survey popped up regarding my visit to the Target website, so I decided to do it because it's Saturday morning and I have nothing else to do currently. At the end of the survey, there are questions about how old I am, what my gender is, what level of education I have completed... You know, the standard get-to-know-our-demographic survey questions. Then there is the question, "What category best describes your total annual household income before taxes?" There is a dropdown menu with bracketed options. The lowest possible choice is, "Under $24,999".
Holy cow. I make like a fourth of that. Thank you Target.com for reminding me today of how poor I actually am.
Not that I would trade it for the world.
PS - Mom, you should be getting a package from Target.com addressed to me sometime between Thursday the 3rd and Monday the 7th. : )
No comments:
Post a Comment