03 October 2011

Facts

1. My favorite song today that I keep playing on repeat is Cat Power's cover of Wonderwall. The Oasis version was the anthem of my Sophomore year of college. Happy, happy memories.

2. The local coffeeshop finally found a barista to work full time, so now they are open daily until 8 PM instead of just 10 - 5 on Fridays! I am so much more productive when I have a coffeeshop to work in. Of course, I spend lots of money and will probably gain weight. But being there causes me to sit still and focus for longer than 20 minutes. It helps me be a better teacher.

3. I am so happy that I got an exacto knife this summer. I'm using it to make a triangle collage of Africa. Hmmmm... Try and guess what that is.

4. The junior soccer team (7th and 8th grade) practiced on my front lawn today. I came home from the coffeeshop to find half my potted herbs knocked over, a hole blown in my screen door and little bits of wire spewn 2 meters across my living room floor. My door got nailed with a ball. Good job, junior boys.

5. I learned Dutch geography and Costa Rican culture this afternoon. I love our international community.

6. I have now gone a full week without getting sick. Hurrah!

7. I really really really wish that I was the kind of person who was awesome at long distance communication. But I am not. I really kind of stink at maintaining relationships that are right in front of me. Relationships are one of the most exhausting things for me. Life as an introvert is tough.

8. I shook hands with the Indonesian minister of education earlier today. Then he proceeded to take my picture. He came all the way from Jakarta to check out our school.

9. Had a nice talk with my boss earlier about my intentions for next year. I told him that I am planning on staying here for at least another year. (!!)

10. As of today, I have sold 6 handmade scarves, two of which were custom made in the last two weeks. Too bad I can't buy yarn here. I'd make a killing.

OKBYE.

No comments: