So I was gonna take a shower last night before bed, but then I wrote my 2 most recent blog posts instead and ended up taking a shower this morning. Which means I wore my hair down to school since it was wet when I left the house. And it is BLAZING hot this week. So I have resorted to this in an attempt to keep somewhat cool:
Yup, that’s right. I pile my hair on top of my head and twist it around itself to keep it in place. My students have gotten used to it. I taught like this. I look amazing.
Also, now I can share what on earth I was talking about last night about asking for prayer for the one family facing a difficult situation. Remember how I was last minute dorm-sitting? Well, the dorm parents came back to Indo yesterday afternoon with the news that their sending org is calling them back to the States. They have TWO WEEKS to sell everything, pack up what’s left, and get the heck out of Dodge. For the kids in school, they are leaving mid-semester and are going to have to get put into public schools in the States. They have no jobs, no house, no transportation, no income in America. They’ll have to leave their two dogs and the vast, vast majority of their belongings behind. They’ve spent the past 10+ years building their life here. Their kids have spent most – or all – of their childhoods in Indonesia. They are involved in so many areas of ministry here – as dorm parents, at our school, in various Bible studies, at their church, they even started an Awana program here. And now they have 2 weeks to say their goodbyes, tie up all their loose ends, and leave it all behind. The dorm kids have no place to stay anymore. Those who are employed there – 5 Indonesian staff – no longer have jobs.
I don’t know the whole story or all the reasons why they are being called off the field, but from what I do know, it seems like a very unjust overreaction to an accidental misunderstanding. It makes me really glad that I am not here through any org or sending agency. And it infuriates me to see the way people are being treated in this situation. My heart especially breaks for the kids. This is the only life they’ve known. They’re great kids, and I know they’ll adjust, but already today, I’ve seen them make the first of many tearful goodbyes to come. It’s always hard to see people go, but it’s even harder when they haven’t chosen to. Please continue to pray…
No comments:
Post a Comment