04 October 2011

Fall

Fall is undoubtedly the season that I miss the most. I can’t miss Summer because it is Summer half the year here. And I can’t miss Spring because it’s all rain and mud here the other half a year. Not a chance on earth I’ll ever miss Winter. But Fall… Fall has my heart. The smell and the crunch and the feel of the air and the mugs and the scarves and the sweatshirts and the jeans and the bonfires and the hayrides and the pumpkins and the harvests and the deer hunting and the Carhartts and the fair. I love it. It’s been hot here lately. Like really hot. Hot enough that all the grass is brown and crunchy and leaves are falling off the trees, which has been somewhat reminiscent of Fall. But not quite there.

Tonight it got pretty chilly though! I was trying to teach myself how to crochet something other than a hot pad earlier. For the second day in a row. But as it turns out, I don’t understand any of the abbreviations those old ladies use. It’s like Yo, dec 6 then ds3, skip 1, fptr and repeat. Anyways, in the middle of that, the power went out. So I lit candles. Cinnamon candles. Then it got a little windy and my feet were cold, so I put on socks. The the lights came back on after about 20 minutes. Then it cooled down even more, so I put on a sweatshirt. Then I ate a bowl of chili that Ibu Sri made for my dinner while watching a movie curled up on the couch with boyfriend. Then HE got cold, so he grabbed the fleece blanket and wrapped up.

Anyways, the point that is that due to the cinnamon smell wafting about and the wind and the chill and the socks and the sweatshirt and the chili and the movie and the blanket, it was almost Fall-ish tonight. And I enjoyed it. Thoroughly.

IMG_1019

So that is all and now I am going to bed. At 9:30. Because I want to snuggle up with my comforter. Goodnight!

No comments: